Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Edging Ever Closer......

Retirement is edging ever closer....YEAH!!  What will I do on the first day?  It will be a new life full of possibilities but knowing me, on the first Monday, I will probably do nothing!  Yes, that's right!  I will probably wake up a little before 6 am, make my way to the computer and surf my favorite sites, turn the TV on and do NOTHING!!!  Oh gosh, I might even take a nap. The beauty of it is that I CAN do nothing!  No traffic to fight, no parking. no questions, no meetings, no phones, no speaking when I don't want to, no employee issues to deal with.....nothing!  On the other hand, no lunch with friends!!  I'm just like a little kid, I like recess best, so that I'll miss, but then I can go for lunch any day I want!  I won't have to go in the rain, in the snow, in the cold or in the heat if I don't want to!!  I know it won't last forever, I'm getting older, husband's getting older, mother's getting older, but for as long as I can I'm going to enjoy days of endless possibilities and yes, do NOTHING if I want!!


1 comment:

  1. You have so much to look forward to, sweet Cindy! And you'll get so busy, you'll wonder how you ever had time to go to work! Sweet hugs, Diane (maybe you'll do a little dance! teehee)

    ReplyDelete