Thursday, July 31, 2014

Turning 62

What a day!  It was a good day, it was a sad day!  It was fantastic that so many of my friends and family across the country and at home acknowledged the day with warm, happy wishes!  How wonderful it is to be remembered and connect!  Facebook is great in keeping connections!  I had a lovely lunch with a dear friend and an earlier in the week lunch with another friend, with more lunches scheduled next week!  The day finished up with Italian Cream cake from my husband!

The sad part were a couple of goodbyes at work.  I didn't expect to get emotional, but knowing myself so well, I should have known better.  I was doing great until a heartfelt (I think) hug was received from a person I would have never expected.  I did manage to hold it together until I was alone, but it seemed to set me on a downward emotional spiral for the rest of the day.  I know.....I know and why I do this to myself I will NEVER understand.  I think I now realize that the final days before retirement may not be as carefree and emotionally neutral as I had expected.  We shall see, but I think I will need to keep the tissues close at hand.


1 comment:

  1. What a precious photograph! I remember our doll cakes...they were my favorite! I hope this week has gone well. You have so much to look forward to! ENJOY your weekend! Love, Diane

    ReplyDelete