Monday, August 11, 2014

Today is the First Day of the Rest of My Life

It finally arrived....retirement!  My final days were mixed with laughter and tears.  I am going to miss the day-to-day interaction with my friends that I was fortunate to work with for so many years.  I won't name them, they know who they are!  Everyone was so kind and they made me feel respected and that I will be missed, but I'm also mature enough to realize that the space I left will be filled and life goes on!

I was gifted with some AWESOME parting gifts, posters, cards, unexpected visitors and lots of hugs! Here's a link to the blog post on the quilt that my friend, Shari, sweated over (literally) to make my final day spectacular!   I've included the slideshow I sent as my "farewell" which includes the Anna Kendrick version of the Cups song or "You're Gonna Miss Me When I'm Gone"!

video






2 comments:

  1. The slideshow is FANTASTIC! How nice to have all of those wonderful photos to remember your friends and coworkers. I'm wishing you the very best for a future filled with happiness! Sweet hugs, Diane

    ReplyDelete
  2. Today was very strange, but I looked down and saw that big box of paper it made me smile.

    ReplyDelete