Sunday, August 24, 2014

Two Weeks In :)

Well, I'm two weeks in on my retirement and I LOVE it!!!  I've had a few moments where I missed work, but they passed quickly.  The biggest adjustment has been reaching for my phone to check my work email and realizing it's not there. It's like the final disconnect. I admit have talked to the office a few times, but I expected that. The best part was waking up on the first day of school, and it was raining, and I didn't have to get out in IT!

Napping with Stinky under my beautiful retirement quilt by Shari Sherman
So what have I done with my time?  I've been to Arkadelphia twice, spent a weekend with Brenda photographing, met Alicia, worked on a quilt, picked up a little bit, cleaned a little bit (LOL in keeping the the blog name), napped, watched movies and let the dogs in and out, in and out, in and out....  Nothing earth shattering, just easing into it.  It's still like a vacation, but I expect now that I won't get a pay check this week reality will set in.  That's scary, but we've planned and once we get over the initial "hump" and settle into a financial routine, all will be well!!


2 comments:

  1. I've thought about you and wondered if you were super busy or on the go. Easing into it sounds like the best way! Getting to choose how you spend the day is the very best part! It's SO nice not to have a routine...for each day to be different. Enjoy your afternoon, sweet Cindy! Your cousin, Diane

    ReplyDelete
  2. Picked up the phone and almost called 5540 a few times. I also don't like not being able to say "ask Cindy."

    ReplyDelete