So to my boys here is want I want in my old age:
- I do not want to DEPEND on my children for my social life. I will use social media. activities, and clubs or goups to keep me connected with loved ones and friends and engaged in life. You have your own lives to live, independent of me.
- I do not want my children to be care givers for me. Yes, put me in a facility, if necessary, but be an advocate for my care and well being (make sure they have Wi-Fi and I have a working device)! Don't worry if I don't like it, I probably won't, but deep in my heart I know you have a life to live; that's what I've wanted for you since the day you were born!
- Call me when you want to connect, which I hope is because you love me and miss me or you are excited to share your life with me. Don't call out of a sense of duty or guilt. Facetime or Skype is awesome and I promise I will call you also, and not just sit and wait on you to initiate contact.
- I don't expect you to read my mind or just "know" what I need. I know you are not physic, I will let you know what I need! It's MY responsibility, not yours.
- Know that some days will be dark, that's just life. Don't hold it against me or let it ruin your day. I love you!