Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Nothingness

I feel that I have fallen into a place of nothingness.  It could be because of Momma's death on January 3rd (I'm not ready to blog on that yet) or maybe it is the season.  I have slept most of the last month and don't seem to have any energy! Brenda and I have taken on a 365 photographic challenge this year and that makes me take at least one photo a day, but so far I don't think my creativity is doing the challenge justice, hopefully I'll start stepping it up soon.  I've been fortunate to meet two wonderful ladies, Darla Young and Ginger English, though the Arkansas Women's Photography group on Facebook and have had some really fun outings and I am learning so much from them. Also met Karen Johnson.  We have been to a meeting together, but have yet to have an outing, but I know we will soon.  It's so fun to have people is this area that I can share a passion with and explore places together!  Retirement has it's perks, that is for sure.

This is going to be a busy month, so I have to start clawing my way out of this funk. Besides photography I need to start quilting again, it's been a couple of months now.  I've promised a quilt for my cousin's daughter.  It was so sweet, at Momma's funeral she brought me a quilt I had made her years ago that was in tatters; it had been loved and used so much!  She wanted to trade it in, which touched my heart! I need to get started on that one soon, I just haven't found the right fabric yet, but I will.


1 comment:

  1. I'm sorry to hear about your momma. :( I've been in a bit of a funk myself lately...the month of January hasn't been kind to me. I'm sure glad we are on the down side of winter.

    ReplyDelete